If you aren’t familar with Pinterest.com it’s a site where you can make boards and “pin” pictures from websites that you might want to revisit later. Its really good for a multitude of things and can be very addictive. I have found that it is really good for recipes, crafty stuff, just about anything you can think of. Here’s a link to my pinterest. You can see how I have my different boards laid out. http://pinterest.com/annah40/
There are a few things I’ve learned I could do on Pinterest, but I really have no desire to do. You can click on the orange link if you really want to know.
1. Make my own mozzarella – Why would you?
2. Over night no cook oatmeal – The thought of cold oatmeal doesn’t appeal to me
3. Home made Twix bars – Why?
4.Ladybug Appetizers – While cute, do I really want to watch someone pop this into their mouth after spending time tinting the cream cheese?
5.Sugar & Coffee mud scrub – Good for cellulite, varicose veins, acne scars. Yeah right!
6. Spray Painting Fabric – Maybe I’m just not crafty enough???
7. Mason Jar Lanterns – I really like the way it looks, but it seems to complicated to light the voltive…
8. Grilled Chocolate Banana Melts – Ruining a perfectly good healthy banana!!
9. Yogurt Drops – While cute, I think unless you have small children, this means you have way too much time on your hands
10. Make your own yogurt– Again, makes no sense to me.
I’ve come to the conclusion that I am not a crafty person. I admire people who are. People who take a pile of pictures and organize them and put them in a cute scrapebook. I envy people who quilt, crochet, knit, sew, and do a multitude of other things. Some of these things I can do. I just don’t have the time.
In the few extra minutes I can find, I will continue to pin. Hopefully one day I will be completely organzied, only eating healthy foods, recycling trash into some kind of mini greenhouse, growing potatoes in tires, growing cucumbers in a pallet leaned against the fence, digging out that old rusted cast iron skillet and refurbishing it, making dozens and dozens of different kinds of cookies, making breakfast casseroles, turning a can of crescent rolls into some kind of masterpiece. When the holidays roll around I’ll be ready with all kinds of hand made decorations and tasty treats.
But in the meantime, all that pinning has made me tired. My head is spinning. I think I’ll do something productive, like clean out my closet.